Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) Phase 2: Spring 2022
Link to apply
29 April 2022, 09:30:00
up to £30 million
The IETF will support businesses with high energy use to transition to a low carbon future, and to cut their bills and emissions through increased energy efficiency and decarbonisation. It is a crucial part of the UK Government’s strategy for tackling climate change and reaching Net Zero by 2050. It complements other government programmes that offer innovation and early demonstration support, such as the Industrial Energy Efficiency Accelerator and Industrial Fuel Switching (part of the Net Zero Innovation Portfolio) and will help to transform an important part of the UK economy.
The Phase 2 competition for England, Wales and Northern Ireland runs until 29th April 2022 and is worth up to £60 million in funding. It will be available in the form of a grant scheme and will fund:
• Studies – feasibility and engineering studies to investigate identified energy efficiency and decarbonisation projects prior to making an investment decision.
• Energy Efficiency projects – deployment of technologies to reduce industrial energy consumption. TRL 8-9
• Deep Decarbonisation projects – deployment of technologies to achieve industrial emissions savings. TRL 7-9
The funding will be awarded as grants towards the total costs of successful proposals. The minimum and maximum grant available for each category is below: this can cover 25% to 70% of costs depending on project type and business size.
• Energy efficiency deployment projects can apply for grants of £100,000 to £14 million
• Deep decarbonisation deployment projects can apply for grants of £100,000 to £30 million
• Engineering studies can apply for grants of £50,000 (total eligible cost) to £14 million
• Feasibility studies can apply for grants of £30,000 (total eligible cost) to £7 million
If you need more information about Phase 2 of the IETF or the application process for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, please contact the BEIS IETF team at email@example.com.